Monday, December 12, 2011

What a crazy week

I did over 11 hours of exercise this week. I was a workout machine. And it showed on my long run. I knocked 20 seconds off my pace for 10k yesterday. I know it's supposed to be a long SLOW run, but I try to speed things up if I can and feel like it to make up for the slower than I should be going runs during the week.

My runs during the week are slower because my husband is joining me. It gets dark here at 5pm, so he joins me so I don't have to run in the dark by myself.  He is enjoying himself. He's seeing weight loss results which is keeping him motivated. He's looking at the schedule to see what we need to do for the day / week. We're talking about pace. He mocks me when I can't keep up to him (ie after I've already run a 10k that day) *insert eyeroll here*  I think he's training for a 10k race. He just doesn't know it yet. Moncton 2012, I think.

According to Runkeeper I set all kinds of personal records this week. Over 6 hours of running (There is a lot of walking in there too), 466 metres in elevation climbs, 36.7 km run. Excellent.

Now I'm looking at my single best activity. 12.9 km on July 18, 2011. I think that will be my Christmas present to myself. My long run on Christmas day is supposed to be 13km. I think I'll run the same route and see if I can't beat that time.

This week coming up is a taper week. 4 runs of 5km only. I'll probably do 2 5km's on Sunday. One at speed and one slow one. I'll have to add some other exercise in there to make up for it. Some gym classes maybe.

In other news I finally broke the decade for weight loss. That was a hard battle. And I managed to keep it off over the weekend too. WOOT! We indulged in crackers and cheese and pepperoni and dips. And drink. I only have 7 more pounds to go to be back at the weight I was in June. And 19 pounds to get to goal.

This is what December looks like so far:

Total Distance: 56.1 KM
Total Duration: 9:09:54
Average Pace: 10:11 per km
Average Speed: 6:00 km per hour

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...