Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Marathon Training - Week 2

Well would you look at that. Another post. This is Week 2 of the training plan.

Monday - Monday is a rest day. And boy did I need it. I was still suffering from Body Pump on Saturday. Did my mile.

Tuesday - 6KM Tempo Run. I did this on the treadmill. I like doing these on the Treadmill because I can control my speed. This one was much better than last Tuesday's Run.

Wednesday - 10KM Tempo. I ran this with the clinic group because I knew I was going to miss Thursday's clinic run. This was an awesome run. It wasn't very consistent tempo wise, but I felt great. I thought I had PR'd a 10k, but when I looked back, I did a 10km treadmill run in 2012 that was 1:06. But it was definitely the fastest 10km I've done in the last 2.5 years, so that's great. I will take it.

Thursday - 6KM Steady. I did this at the gym at lunch time. This was really really slow. 2 back to back tempos put a toll on this old bod. I love it. HA! Day 1 of the Halifax RV Show.

Friday - 6KM Steady. Friday's are supposed to be rest days, but there would be no time on Saturday to get a 6km run in, so back to the gym at lunch time to get this one in. It is seriously way too hot in the gym. The sweat just pours off of me. I did my weigh in today. I'm down 4.5 lbs since January 1. I will be scared to look at the scale next Friday after this weekend. I tried to control my calories, but it's so hard to try and eat properly when you are at a trade show. We did bring some healthy snacks to mitigate the damage.

Saturday - I got up bright and early to get my mile in today. 9 hours of RV Show and then a birthday party after the Show. I ate awful today. So. So. Awful. Nachos. Chicken wings. Some sort of taco dip and chips. But no alcohol.

Sunday - I went to Sunday long run with the clinic. 13km. This was hard, hard, hard. 3 days on my feet. Not eating or sleeping well. You really notice how those things affect your running. I did manage to keep up with the pace group until the last few kms. I got caught at a red light and couldn't catch up. Some of the group headed back for me. That was very much appreciated. Had coffee with the group for awhile and then headed over to the fourth and final day of the show. And then some much needed sleep.

I really do enjoy doing these shows, but they sure do take a toll on the body. Boston for a three day show in February (16km long run)  and then another three day show in March in Halifax (26km long run. This one won't be too bad, I should be able to run with the clinic for this one) . It will be interesting to see what runs I can do in Boston. I think I've spied a running club close to the Hotel in Boston so hopefully that will pan out. I'm back in Boston in April. This time for vacation. This will be a 32KM run. I'm thinking it's going to be hard to find someone to run that long with me the day before the marathon, so I'm on my own. I think I have my route all planned out for this one though. Very very scenic. And not much chance for me to get lost.

Week 2 - 44 km run this week
             - 128 km run in 2015
              - 4.5 lbs lost since January 1
              - Streaking 425 days and counting
              - Alcohol free for 16 days.
              - No weight workouts this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...