Monday, February 2, 2015

Marathon Training Week 3

Week 3 was kind of a mental week. I won't bore you with the mental details, just suffice it to say, it wasn't a good week mentally.

It took me most of the week to recover from the crappy eating from the weekend. Why do I continue to do that to myself? I love food. That's why. Anyway, I'm back to feeling better. I had someone else mention to me that flour might be part of my problem. Not gluten, just the flour. I don't eat a lot of flour now anyway, because I've read way too many bad things about it. Plus it's way too calorie dense. But I did last weekend. And maybe too much cheese / dairy. Read: yummy nachos with cheesy good dip. I guess I will start watching that a little more closely.

Monday -  This was day 425 of my run streak. This was also daughter's surgery day. She broke her pinky last week at a soccer game and had to have surgery this morning to fix it. Pins and a cast for the the next 3 weeks. This was a rest day, so it was a mile on the treadmill. I'm hoping I can turn these Mondays into a mile and strength day. I need to reorganize Monday's to do this. ie. I either need to get up an hour early, or I need to go to the gym at lunch time. Right now, we have Sam's obedience class on Monday evenings, which does work perfectly for the rest of my training, but I am in need of getting some strength done too.

Tuesday - Today was a storm day. Lots of snow. Because I didn't go into work yesterday, I went in today, in case I missed anything from yesterday. I thought I'd hit up the gym for my run today. 6km tempo. What a blah run this was. I got on 4 different treadmills to find one that didn't make a vibrating racket. I finally gave up and suffered through with the racket. Even with my headphones on it was still loud and annoying. Then I ended up plagued with tummy trouble and some sciatica pain. I couldn't hold a tempo pace at all, so I turned it into some intervals.

Wednesday - 10km tempo. Luc was working tonight, so I headed out to Bedford with the running clinic. The sidewalks and roads were pretty snow covered so even though I felt like it was tempo running, my pace on my watch didn't show it. But that's ok. Tummy trouble hit with about 2.5 km left.

Thursday - 8km steady. Clinic run in Bedford. Good run. Legs were a little tired from snow running yesterday but a good run, all in all.

Friday - Rest day mile. I was pretty tired today so I'm glad I took the rest day. I'd like to turn Friday's into a mile strength day too.

Saturday - This was a good 6km steady treadmill run. This was much easier than the 6km's have been lately. I'm starting to feel stronger. That's a good thing.

Sunday - 13km. Long run through Bedford. It was sunny but a little on the brisk side. I was expecting a lower wind chill so I was actually a little over dressed today. We really didn't hit any wind of any consequence until we were running down Rocky Lake Drive. I have to note that the Belgium Chocolate Biscotti at Second Cup are freaking awesome. I think that is going to be my post long run treat for a while. YUMMY!

Week 3 - 47 km run this week
             - 175 km run in 2015
              - 5.8 lbs lost since January 1
              - Streaking 431 days and counting
              - Alcohol free for 23 days. 
              - No weight workouts this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...