Wednesday, November 9, 2011

I'm losing it

I've been getting a tad bit discouraged this time around. I haven't lost any weight to speak of. I'm still a far cry from where I was 3 months ago. I know it's my own fault. I'm not eating as cleanly as I should be. But I'm still eating low enough that I should be losing SOMETHING.

Apparently I am. I very quickly took a couple of measurements this morning because I was early getting ready for work. WOW. At least 6 inches in two weeks. OK. I feel better now.

I am working my ass off though. Here has been the schedule for the last couple of weeks.

Monday - Body Pump at lunch
Tuesday - Yoga at lunch, then a 6k run in the evening
Wednesday - Zumba
Thursday - Yoga at lunch and then a 6k tempo run in the evening.
Friday is my off day. I've really been looking forward to it. It's a little bit of added motivation for my tempo run too. "You only have 10 minutes left and then you get a whole day off"
Saturday I go to Yoga in the morning.
Sunday is my long run. 8 - 10 k as of right now.

Last Sunday I did a 10K race. It was the inaugural MEC Halifax race. It was in Shubie Park. I had never run through the park before. Holy crap, talk about hilly. There were a couple of long hills but there were a lot of rolls. Up and down, and left and right. I was pretty ill by the time I was done. (like car sick ill) I'm used to road racing. The roads don't go like that. So, I'm going to add that to my list of runs I'm going to have to do on a regular basis. Anyway, I did the 10k, in 1:25:36. I was hoping to complete it in sub 1:20:00 but that didn't happen. But I also wasn't expecting the hills either.

Lets see how November is shaping up so far.

Total Distance: 26km
Total Time: 3:44:14
Average Pace: 8:39 per km

November is actually turning out to be my fastest pace month in the last six months. I'm impressed with that. June was a phenomenal month for me for running. I ran 115km with an average pace of 9:10. I guess that's the goal. To keep my average pace for the month below 9:10.  Based on my training plan, I'll be running 78km for the month.

I guess my racing is now complete for this year. I think the first race of 2012 will be the Falmouth Freezer. Here's the list for next year as it's starting to shape up.

Falmouth Freezer                                 10k                Feb 12 2012
Credit Union Atlantic Lung Run             5K                April 14 2012
ZX 10K - Greenwood                         10K               April 15 2012
SB Bluenose                                        21K               May 20 2012
Lunenburg Muffin Run                            5K                June 6 2012
Nova Scotia Marathon                         21K               July 22 2012
Berwick 5 mile                                      8K                September 2 2012
Valley Harvest                                      21K               October 7 2012
Legs for Literacy - Moncton                 21K               October 21 2012

There's a new race organizer on the scene in Nova Scotia too. United by Running. They are organizing three new races for Nova Scotia next year. I'm really looking forward to them. Hopefully, they'll be close enough that I can take part in them. 

So, that's the plan for next year's racing.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're seeing some victories to keep your motivation going. It is all about the long haul right? There will be ebbs and flows with your weightloss and motivation too. You've had a phenomenal year! Look back to where you were on December 31, 2010 and how FAR you have come in so many facets of this journey.

    Now, just imagine what else you can do in 2012! Exciting isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...