Wednesday, November 2, 2011

A Little Midweek Update

So, I've been a class / gym going machine this week.

Saturday morning, I went to my first Yoga class. I really enjoyed that. And it was a great way to start off a lazy Saturday. I had been planning on doing the Body Pump at 9:30, but I slept a little too late and ended up going to Yoga. I'm really glad I did.

Sunday was my long run, but we were hit with a Nor' Easter which wasn't conducive to running outside. So off to the gym I went.

Monday was Halloween, so I knew that if I wanted to get a workout done today, I was going to have to go to the gym at lunch time. So I took the Body Pump class then. It's a good class. I'll probably continue to take it. But maybe on Monday night instead of at lunch time.

Tuesday was a very sore day. Ow. But I sucked it up and took a Yoga class at lunch time anyway. And Tuesday night I went for my short easy run.

My thoughts on this week. Yoga is hard. Running is easy.  OK. Not really. I have great lower body strength which is good for running and Yoga. I have absolutely NO upper body strength which is good for running, not so good for yoga. My arms are SO, SO sore. SO sore. I could not hold a downward facing dog yesterday, if my life depended on it.

I was pretty sore last night, that I was kind of upset that I might not be able to do anymore working out until Sunday. I didn't know whether I would be able to run the 10k on Sunday or not.

I decided to do my easy run last night anyway. I did really well. I can definitely see the increase in my endurance from the classes. I actually could have kept up running for most of that run, except I was getting cramps in my legs.

At the end of the run, I decided I was going to be ok for Sunday. But I think I'll leave out the Body Pump until next Monday.

Today is Zumba day. Tomorrow is a speedwork run. Friday is my off day. I'm really looking forward to that I think. I'll do yoga on Saturday and my 10k run on Sunday.  I think that will take care of my big runs until the Falmouth Freezer in February.

I was going to do the Santa Shuffle in December, but my Christmas party is the night before. That Saturday is going to be hangover day. :) There is also a New Years Eve run in Wolfville. I'll probably go to that too, but it's only a little one 4 or 5K.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...