Monday, February 9, 2015

Marathon Training Week 4

Good thing I keep daily track of my runs on Daily Mile. I'd never remember anything for this post. What a busy week.

I didn't hit my long run mileage this week. I attended the Boston Globe Travel Show this weekend in Boston. So standing on my feet for 8 hours a day, kinda put the kibosh on running. Sort of. But lets start at the beginning. I have pictures this week too. 

I felt really good this week. Running was fun this week. We also had a lot of snow this week which made outdoor running harder. 

Monday - Rest day. I ran my mile and did 30 minutes of strength training. We had snow today, so Sam's obedience class was cancelled because of the snow, so I didn't feel so rushed to get some working out done. Here's the little pet.



Tuesday -  6km Tuesday Treadmill Tempo. This was a great run. I was so happy with this run. My tempo runs the last couple of weeks haven't been great, more interval then tempo, so I was quite happy that I was able to maintain my tempo speed for the entire run.

Wednesday -  Tempo 10km. I went out to Bedford for this run because I knew I was going away. The roads and sidewalks were snow covered, so the pace was slower than "tempo" but the effort was definitely there.

Thursday - I was up at the ass crack of dawn this morning in order to get my run done before travelling later. 6.9km instead of 8. The old legs were pretty tired after two pretty heavy runs. But it was still an enjoyable run.

We flew out Thursday afternoon and landed in Boston about 6:30, I guess. We stayed at the Seaport Hotel. What a spectacular hotel. Absolutely beautiful and the staff were amazing. And as you would expect from a hotel in the running capital of the world. Running road maps from the hotel. 


I actually didn't get to use them this trip, but I'm impressed that they had them.


Friday - Today was supposed to either be a rest day or a 6km steady day. It turned into my long run day. I headed out about 7:30 from the hotel. Once I got going I didn't want to stop. It was cold, but the sun was making sporadic appearances. About 3km in I took a look at the map and realized how close I was to this... 



I couldn't not go. I was planning this run for my long run on Sunday, but I had heard that Sunday was going to be a snow day and I didn't want to miss the opportunity, so I took it while I had the chance. 11.44km. My long run was supposed to be 16km this week, so I'm a little short. And then 5 hours of Trade Show. Long runs are all about time on your feet. I think I surpassed the goal in that regard. So I'm not going to worry about it this week. But I'm not planning on making this a habit. Especially when I go back in April. 

Saturday - 4.8km This was an easy treadmill run in the hotel gym. Nicest hotel gym I've ever seen. Huge with modern equipment. Then 8 hours of Trade Show.


Speaking of going back in April. There was a booth for New Hampshire Tourism that was having draws every hour of the show. My cohort in camping crime this weekend, entered her name for the draws and diligently went down to the booth for the drawings. (You had to be at the draw to win), She won a few things. And since I am going back in April, she passed along her winning to me. I'm very grateful. This is going to be one awesome trip. I'm going to have to bring her back a treat. :) So on the list of winnings are:
  • A one night stay at a Best Western Hotel. (We are camping, so we may not use this one)
  • A brewery tour registration for 2.
  • A $50 gift certificate for a steak house restaurant.
  • 4 Passes to the Seacoast Science Center.
We are actually staying North of Boston, which is about 30 minutes from Portsmouth, NH, which is where most of the passes are for. 

I also learned today that Maine has a desert. And that there is a State park near Salisbury MA, that is open year round that we MUST camp at when we go. Our trip is going to be super busy, but it's going to be super fun. I can't wait. WHEE!!

Sunday - 2.8km  I was pretty much done by this point. Over 16km in the past 2 days. 13 hours of standing on my feet. Concrete floor, I might add. And not eating the best food. (But still no booze), I just didn't have anything in me to run this morning. So I added 20 minutes weights in the lovely hotel gym. Winter Storm Marcus was heading into town and the day was going to be a long one. Our flight was supposed to leave at 5:25. We didn't get off the ground until 8:50 or so. It was after midnight before I got home and into bed. 

Week 4 - 44 km run this week (I was 2km short of goal.)
             - 219 km run in 2015
              - 1.8 lbs lost this week. I weighed in on Thursday instead of Friday.
              - 7.6 lbs lost since January 1. 
              - 22.4 lbs to lose to goal. 14 weeks to go.
              - Streaking 438 days and counting
              - Alcohol free for 30 days. 
              - 50 minutes strength training this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...