Monday, March 23, 2015

Marathon Training - Week 10

The last week of winter sure went out with a bang. We had snow Sunday, Wednesday and Saturday night. We had more snow on Sunday and Wednesday then we had during White Juan. And that was on top of the already 2 or 3 feet of snow that was everywhere. There is just nowhere left to run. The roads are just barely wider than single lane. And most of the sidewalks are not plowed, and if they are, they are ice covered.

All my runs this week were done on the treadmill and the track. Yep. Long run on a track. I also kicked up the treadmill a notch. The 5 mph was getting too easy, and I noticed that my steady runs were too slow based on my training schedule paces. Oops. I thought they were ok at 8:00 / km. The steady runs should have been at 7:08 / km, so 5.4 mph on the treadmill.

They finally did manage to plow our sidewalks at home. I was able to get Sam out for a little walk this week. My poor old running buddy isn't getting any running in. He does go to daycare, so he is getting his exercise. He also found a new fence to jump in the backyard, so now we are back to leashing him and taking him out.

Mom, I can't see what's going on.

Monday - 1.6 km. A mile rest day.

Tuesday - 6 km. Treadmill Tempo Tuesday. I really pushed it for this run. I did have to stop a couple of times because there was a pebble in my shoe that I couldn't get out. But I'm happy with the pace.

Wednesday -  8 km. Storm day. I think in the end we got about 60 cm of snow. My car was buried and we had to shovel it out.

Yep. That's my car.

For whatever reason, I actually thought I'd be able to do my run after shoveling. (What was I thinking?) I hit the treadmill and could only manage 3 of 7 hills. I had a rest, had some supper and hit the treadmill again. I was able to finish the other 4. So 1 km warm up. 7 x 500 m x 6%. And 1 km cool down.

Thursday - 8 km. I did this one at the faster pace. On the treadmill.

Friday - 6 km. There's another storm coming Saturday night. It's supposed to be rain and it's supposed to be over by 8:00 am, but just in case the clinic decided to run long on Saturday, I wanted this run done beforehand. My thought was, with that much rain coming, the roads might be flooded.

Saturday -  1.6 km. Another rest day. I'm actually glad we didn't run long this day. I was plum wore out from this week.

Sunday - 26 km of 29 km scheduled. So I wake up at 6:00 am this morning and look outside and there's 5 - 10 cm of snow on the ground. FFS!!!!! I was up with Sam at 3:30 and had him outside and it was still raining, so we had a full fledged blizzard in 2.5 hours. The clinic decided that we would run at the track. 132 laps of the 220 m track. It's a nice facility. I wouldn't mind running laps there again. Just not 132 of them. I could only manage about 30 at a time before I was going shack wacky. And I was forgetting to hit my lap counter, so then I was getting annoyed. I did 33 laps. Hit the treadmill for an hour. 32 more laps and then hit the treadmill again.


Week 10 - 57 km run this week 
             - 519 km run in 2015
              - 2.2 lbs lost this week. 
              - 16.7 lbs lost since January 1. 
              - 13.4 lbs to lose to goal. 8 weeks to go.
              - Streaking 480 days and counting
              - Alcohol free for 72 days. 
              - 0 minutes of weights 
              - 27 days until my Boston vacation. 

On the agenda for Week 11 is 6 km Tempo Run, 8 Hills, and then the regular 8 km and 6 km steady runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...