Monday, March 9, 2015

Marathon Training - Week 8

WOW! 10 weeks to go. The time is flying by. Literally. We lost an hour this weekend because of the time change. I'd really like to have it back.

It was a pretty uneventful week. I didn't get much reading done, so I don't have any great insightful websites or articles to offer up. I found a really cool RVing podcast this week, that I've been binge listening to. Roadtreking.com Dreaming of vacation and warmer days.

I don't want to say my long run this week was a disaster, because it wasn't, but it was definitely harder than it should have been. As I've been hearing, it seems it was a pain for a lot of people.

Monday - 1.6km Mile rest day. This pace is starting to get a little easy. I think I'm going to kick it up a notch. Just a notch.

Tuesday - 6 km. Treadmill Tempo Tuesday. My pace was all over the place. I couldn't find an even pace that I could maintain for any length of time. It wasn't a bad pace overall. Just kinda sloppy.

Wednesday - 6 km. Hills! Hills! Hills! I ran them on the treadmill again. I'm still not happy with the road conditions. 1 km warm up. 5 x 500m @ 6%. 1 km cool down.

Thursday - 8 km. This was clinic and 8 km steady. The roads are actually starting to thaw out a little.  I think the hills workouts are working. Go figure eh? We hit a couple of hills on tonights run that we are quite familiar with, and I didn't have the problem tackling them like a normally do. The clinic was on stretching. With a focus on yoga. Love love love yoga. Yoga is great for runners. It increases flexibility and strength. It helps maintain muscle balance. It improves focus and helps runners maintain their sanity for those long runs.

Friday - 1.6 km. It's Sport and RV Show weekend. I had to get up early and get this one done because it was going to be a long long day.

Saturday - 6km. Up early on a Saturday morning to get this one done. Show again today.

Sunday - 25km. Headed out to Bedford to run with the clinic. Time change weekend so we all lost an hours sleep. Some of us handled it better than others. Us didn't include me. My biggest issue was my stomach. I think part of the problem was that I tried to overcompensate for my lack of food on Saturday and I ate too much Saturday night. Even though it was good for me food, it was still too much. What goes in, must come out. I turned my time off before my walk down the hill ruined my pace time. LOL. I'd rather be short on mileage, than slow on pace.  Add that to being on my feet for the past two days. And then having Sam jump the backyard fence 10 minutes before I was supposed to leave, didn't leave me in a calm state to run long.



Week 8 - 55 km run this week 
             - 410 km run in 2015
              - 4.5 lbs lost this week. This isn't a real 1 week loss. This is the result of carb gaining last week. 
              - 12.5 lbs lost since January 1. 
              - 17.5 lbs to lose to goal. 10 weeks to go.
              - Streaking 466 days and counting
              - Alcohol free for 58 days. 
              - No weights this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...