Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Marathon Training - Vacation

This is a recap of weeks 14 and 15 of marathon training. I had so much to do to get ready for vacation that week 14 was in the crapper. My car died on the Wednesday and ended up in the shop and I couldn't have gotten to Bedford anyway without hitching a ride. (Which I was offered, but because I had too much to do, I didn't take). I also missed my two last long runs. a 29 km and a 32 km. I had the routes all planned out, but in the end, I bailed. I was really iffy on running that kind of distance in unfamiliar territory. I am disappointed with myself. But I will deal with it.

It's been so long, I can't even remember that far back.

Week 14

Monday -  1.6 km - Mile rest day.

Tuesday -  2.6 km - Today was our association spring fling so I couldn't do tempo after work and unfortunately, I forgot and didn't get up early enough to do 6 km. But it was still tempo pace.

Wednesday - 1.6 km - So very tired today from the excess everything last night. I remember this week now. Oh boy it was busy. And my car broke down to boot.

Thursday - 6.5 km - I did yesterday's 4 x 800 missed workout. That was really, really hard.

Friday - 3 km - Got up early and hit the treadmill. Worked until lunch time and then hit the road.

Saturday - 3.8 km - This was the start of 10 days of Sam and I out for our morning jaunts.


This is us sporting our new Canadog Cani-cross harnesses. 


Sunday - 5 km. We went exploring Salisbury, Massachusetts.


Week 15

Monday - 3 km. Marathon Monday. After walking and standing for hours and hours and hours. I still had to make sure I got my run in.


We had a great viewing spot. We were about 500 m from the finish line. This is the women's first place sprint to the finish. Not a great picture but it was great to see live.


Tuesday - 15 km. Sam and I went out for our 5 km walk, then I hit the road for a 10 km. I had planned to do my long run today, but it just didn't happen. 15 of 29.

Wednesday - 5 km. Sam and I out for loops.

Thursday - 7 km. Sam and I headed out for our morning romp and were rudely interrupted by an off leash dog. Effer. Scared my little baby. We geared up the harnesses and headed out on the town for a tour.

Friday - 1.75 km. This turned out to be a rest day. We headed out for our morning walk but Sam just was not into it at all. So we called it a day.

Saturday - 5 km. Our last full day in Massachusetts.

Sunday - 15 km. Sam and I hit the loops for our last morning. Then we headed to Groton Massachusetts where I ran a 10 km race. I PR'd the heck out of that thing. By a good 8 minutes. I was very happy with this pace. This was a little slower than marathon goal race pace, but I'm ok with that. Even if I'm 15 - 20 seconds slower than that on race day, I will be thrilled.



I also didn't do my last long run today. 15 km of 32. This, I am concerned about. Heading into the taper this week. 3 weeks to go. The plan calls for a 23 km long run on Sunday. I'm wondering if I should up this by an additional 4 - 8 km. Just cause.



Week 14 / 15 - 25 of 59 km run the first week and 52 of 64 km run the second week 
                - 792 km run in 2015
                -  0 lbs lost this week. - Didn't weight at all these 2 weeks.
                - 18.3 lbs lost since January 1. 
                - 11.4 lbs to lose to goal. 3 weeks to go.
                - Streaking 515 days and counting
                - Boston vacation was awesome!

Now lets get back to the task at hand.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...