Monday, April 13, 2015

Marathon Training Week 13

5 weeks until the big day. And I have a huge ITB problem. This is not going to be good. Time to really start getting diligent with the ITB exercises. It would really suck to work this hard for 18 weeks only to be derailed by an injury. Vacation is next week, and although I'd like to say I will keep to the schedule, I know I probably won't. Which is probably I good thing. Rest for what ails me.

This week I also hit the 500 day #runstreak milestone.


Thinking back over this week. It wasn't a great mental week. Or Physical week. I spent most of the week fighting off a cold that finally grabbed hold on Saturday. And a lot of this week I was fighting stomach problems which don't make for good runs, but they also drain strength too.

Monday - 2 km. Rest day and strength. I see a slight improvement in my strength stamina. That's a good thing. I like this strength program. It's not intense. It doesn't take long. And I don't need any equipment if I don't have any available. I just need to find make the time to add more sessions during the week.

Tuesday -  6 km. Treadmill Tempo Tuesday. This was the sub 6:00 km pace that I had two weeks ago. It was uncomfortably uncomfortable. I hope to improve on this next week.

Wednesday - 15 km. HILLS! I am so glad that this was the last night of hills. 10 x 500 m @ 6%. I wasn't feeling the greatest with this run. The cold is trying to get hold. Stomach problems all day.

Thursday - 8 km. Treadmill run after supper. Not a bad pace for having a full belly of chinese food.

Friday - 6 km. Got my run out of the way early. I'm starting to doubt my choice of too many treadmill miles in the run of a week. I hope that it doesn't bite me in the ass come race time.

Saturday - 1.6 km. Runstreak day 500!!!!! And I celebrated with a mile rest day run. Well actually we went to the campground today and lugged our camping gear up the hill on snowshoes. That was a huge workout. 3 trips up the hill with heavy loads. Then I ran a mile on the treadmill once we got home.

Sunday - 23 km. Long run. It was an absolutely beautiful spring day for a run. We ran the Bluenose Marathon route in Dartmouth. The bridge of course was a major shit fest. Actually it wasn't as bad as it has been in the past. So, thanks to my co-runners for distracting me. :)



Week 12 - 62 km run this week 
                - 715 km run in 2015
                - 1.3 lbs lost this week. 
                - 18.3 lbs lost since January 1. 
                - 11.4 lbs to lose to goal. 6 weeks to go.
                - Streaking 501 days and counting
                - 20 minutes of weights plus 45 minutes heavy lifting and lugging.
                - 6 days until my Boston vacation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...