Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Marathon Training Week 12

I'm slow on the draw this week. Really busy on the home and work front these days. Month end. Income tax time. Business bookkeeping. Campground business. Association business. GAH! The list keeps getting longer and longer. Boston bound on the 17th. I hope the snow is gone by then. Just heard from the campground we are supposed to stay at, and they still have snow. Not a surprise, but not good. Not good at all. I should probably check to make sure that if BeachRose falls through, we can stay at the State Park. Because I don't think I'm in the mood to camp for a week at the Wal-mart.

Back to the task at hand. There are only 6 weeks left to go until the big day. I am very confident that I'm going to knock at least 30 minutes off of my marathon time. The A goal is a 58 minute PR. That's the time I'm training for, and that training is going very well But I do know that all the stars need to align in order for this to happen.This week was a very, very tiring week. 90 km in 6 days, from Sunday to Friday. And I felt how tired I was with every step.

As I type this post I am eating a delicious salad. Burnside got a new Freshii restaurant this year. Their salads are SOOOOO GOOOOOD. But they are really, really expensive. The Metaboost Salad that I get costs $12 something with tax. That's an expensive salad. So I don't get them very often. This week however, after the gluttony of Easter, I needed a food kickstart so I bought all the ingredients for the metaboost salad and have been eating them all week.


Freshii Metaboost Salad

Romaine Lettuce
Kale
Edamame
Mango
Carrot
Almonds
Goat cheese (I bought a goat cheese with fig. So delicious)
Tofu (I pan fried it in the honey balsamic vinaigrette)

Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette

2 TBSP Balsamic Vinegar
1 TBSP Honey
4 TBSP Olive oil
1 tsp mustard powder
(next time I'm going to add garlic)

Monday - 1.6 km Mile rest day. Did some strength training. I've modified the strength program to suit my needs. HA! I definitely felt the workout on Tuesday, so my changes are ok.

Tuesday - 6 km Treadmill Tempo Tuesday. This was a tad slower than I wanted and it was still very very hard. But like I said, it was a very tiring week and I felt the workout from Monday night.

Wednesday - HILLS!!!! 14km. 9 hills. Only 1 more week of hills to go.

Thursday - 6 km. A steady run through Bedford after our clinic talk. My paces were really consistent for this run. The most consistent I've ever run. 6:49 6:53 6:49 6:56 6:56. The talk was with a Boston qualifier and an Ultramarathoner. It was an interesting discussion, it just could have been more.

Friday - 32km Good Friday long run. Emotionally this was a really fun run. The group I run with are a fun bunch. Physically this run was a real pain. And I mean that literally. The route was on "rural" roads (Rocky Lake Road) and so the grade was very uneven, which flared up my ITB. That last down hill on RL was excruciating. Things I learned while on this run. I need a water belt with more capacity. I need more sugar. Gels are good, but sometimes I need a quick rush. And take tylenol in case I have any pain. I'm ok with the liver damage. Here's an interesting article on meds and runners.

I've been seeing all of these pics with the #fitsnap hashtag. I didn't find out until this week, that it's actually an app. Fitsnap. Here's my first pic from our 32 km long run.


Did I mention that we stopped for munchies?

Saturday - 1.6 km rest day. As can be expected, I was tired. The knee felt ok. So that's good. The plan was to get some strength in today too, but I didn't. However, the Spartan Race is in 9 weeks, so I really should get my act in gear. Yes. I am registered for this race. Yes. I'm scared. :)

Sunday - 10 km. Ran from home today. This is the first run from home in months. The old knee started bothering me at the 5 km mark so we headed back. But I was running on uneven road, so I'm not too too concerned right now. I'm doing my exercises (PS: that's a video showing 10 exercises. It's legit because they are the same exercises I paid money to a physiotherapist for)


Week 12 - 72 km run this week 
                - 653 km run in 2015
                - .2 lbs lost this week. 
                - 17 lbs lost since January 1. 
                - 12.7 lbs to lose to goal. 6 weeks to go.
                - Streaking 494 days and counting
                - 20 minutes of weights 
                - 13 days until my Boston vacation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...