Thursday, March 1, 2012

That was the coolest sound

Just a little post today. I've been slacking just a little bit because of the bitterly cold weather outside and I just can't get on the treadmill for any decent length of time. (Barring that 16k run on the treadmill a couple of weeks ago. I don't know what in the hell got into me that day)

I was out last night. It was cold -9C, but there wasn't any wind. It was an awesome night for running. I was listening to my audiobook and then I heard it. "What was that?" I listened for it again. "OH Wow, how cool is that?" I had to turn off my book and listen for a few minutes.

It was dark out. There was nobody around, there were no cars on the road, no wind in my ears. Just me. And the rhythmic sound of my feet hitting the pavement.

What a cool sound.


I probably only got to listen for 30 seconds or so. And then the wind picked up. Hissing in my ears.

I turned my book back on and kept going.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...