Friday, June 22, 2012

Am I a runner now


Oh. I have so much catching up to do. I have race report, training report, And recipes.

But this is just a quick note for posterity, 'cus if I don't post it now I'll forget.

I was out for my long run last night. (Thursday, June 14) 18km. I started out and I felt great. It had been a few weeks since I had a good run. The Bluenose race was a good run.

I was so light on my feet, I had the tunes going ( I actually don't like listening to music usually) I was feeling fantastic.

I got to about the 3k mark and came across a lady walking her two shelties. I saw the dogs. The dogs saw me. The lady saw nothing. As I was making my way out to the road, the dogs started charging and pulled their lead right out of butthead's hand. One of them landed a good chomp in my leg.

I was severely pissed. That dog had just cost me 1100 calories. I was really looking forward to eating them.

The lady was appropriately upset and I walked the 2.5 km home.

Called 811 for advice and then headed for the walk in clinic.

1 tetanus shot, some horse pills and I was home in less than an hour. Still pissed off about the 1100 calories.

I actually went out and finished my run. The beers the next night were awesome.

My collage from the run.




And the bite the next day.




Am I a runner now?

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I can't believe it! If her dog's act like that around runners, you'd think she'd keep a firmer grip on the leash. Glad you got your 1100 calories! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great blog! Very inspiring and fun to read. Good for you!. I just started running again after a 15 year break (midlife crisis lol?) and am really enjoying it! Have a great running season and best of luck in this year's Valley Harvest Marathon.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...