Monday, June 4, 2012

Importing a traing plan to Calendar

This was a huge exercise to figure out. But it is done now and I know that I'm going to forget how to do it again come October. It's now a blog post for posterity.

1. Get a plan from Runnersworld in km. Copy it to excel. Change preferences to miles. Copy that plan to excel. I do this so that outside I can use km and if I need to be on the treadmill I have the corresponding information in mph as well.

2. Set Excel to have the following columns. Subject, StartDate, Alldayevent, description.

3. Use the concatenate function to join the two mileage cells and enclose the cell in quotation marks. Alldayevent should be FALSE.

4. Save this as a .csv file

5. In Google Calendar, click on other calendars. Import Calendar. Choose your file and click import.

Hopefully this will work. Haha.

For anyone else that's reading and wants more columns or to set reminders etc, I exported an outlook calendar to an .xls file. Copied the information to this file. Save it as a .csv file and then import it into Google Calendar.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...