Sunday, June 24, 2012

Lead legs

Training
Well this was an interesting week for training. I was up. I was down.
Monday night was a typical post weekend, drag my ass out for 5k. I guess it was a good run. It was as good as could be expected.
Tuesday was my 10k tempo run. I must say, that was an incredible run. It's these runs of perfection that keeps runners running.
Wednesday night was a strength training workout. I did the P90X shoulders and arms workout. I like that workout. It's probably my favorite of all the discs.
Thursday night was a disaster. What a brutal run that was. If you can call it that. I walked most of it. My pace came in at over 9 minutes per km. brutal. I was supposed to do 18km, I managed to do 14.5, but if there had been anyone I could have called to come and get me I would have been done in less than 10.

I did find this cool trail through Portland Estates though. I'll have to hit it again sometime when I am not fighting to get home.




Nutrition
I don't think I ate very well this week. I had a lot of sodium that made me feel pretty bloated. It showed up as a 2 lb gain this week. I know my calories on the weekends are not good but I usually make up for it during the week.
Gear
I don't have anything gear related to post this week. Oh maybe a little blurb about my vibrams. I can't run in them because I'm just too much of a heel striker. I did have them on kijiji to sell, but I've now started wearing them during my P90X workouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...