Monday, June 25, 2012

Slow cooker chicken salsa

I threw this stuff together over the weekend in the slow cooker. Not bad. Not something I'd drool over, but it's good. High in protein. I had it on some rice over the weekend. But today's lunch is just the stew. I just thought about it right now, but a dollop of Greek yogurt would be awesome.

I cooked the chicken in the slow cooker with a couple of cups of water. When it was cooked I drained it and shredded it and threw it back in the crock with the rest of the ingredients. I threw 1/4 cup of shredded cheddar on top of each bowl and then froze them.

I got 8 servings at 317 per serving and 32 grams of protein.





600 grams of boneless skinless chicken
1 can of black beans, drained and rinced.
1 can corn niblets
1 large jar of salsa
1 cup each Onions, mushrooms, red pepper, and green pepper

1 comment:

  1. That looks so yummy! I love throwing things in the crock pot. Thanks for entering the giveaway- glad to connect with you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...