Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Endorphins make you happy

Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don't shoot their husbands, they just don't.
There's only ever been a couple of movie quotes that stuck with me. Besides the fact that I loved Legally Blonde, it's probably one of my all time favorite movies, This is one of those quotes.


Why am I bringing this up? Because I feel good today. And I know it's because of the exercise. I remember feeling like this when I started exercising back in January, but I forgot about it. It's been a long time since I have done regular exercise, that I really feel the difference in my mood.

So, what exactly is different? I feel like I'm smiling. On the inside. All the feelings of panic, anxiety, worry and stress are gone. Even though the triggers are still there. This is huge and really amazes me when I think about it. Some days were so bad, that it took every, single fibre of my being to get out of bed and go to work.

I can also see a definite improvement in my energy level. I literally bounced out of bed this morning, instead of the typical roll and drag that normally happens. Did a sun salutation , granted it wasn't very good, my flexibility has certainly diminished in a few short months, but I had the energy to do it.

I'm currently sitting at work (shhh, I probably should be doing actual work), and feel like I could get up right now and run a marathon. (OK, I know I couldn't actually run 42 KM, but I do have ants in my pants. LOL)





October Stats

Total Distance: 39.7 km
Total Time: 6:43:52
Average Pace: 11:20 min / km

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...