Monday, October 24, 2011

Moncton 10K

I ran the 10k race in Moncton today. It was fantastic. Well except for having to stop for a potty break (no.2) and not knowing whether I was going to find one or not. That was pretty stressful. Then I had to stop to get rocks out of my shoe. All told, I lost 4 or 5 minutes off my "coulda been" time.

2 weeks ago at my first 10k, my chip time was 1:25:44. Today my chip time was 1:23:15. I'm thrilled with that. If I hadn't had to stop, it could have been 1:19:00 ish. I finished really strong. I really could have kept going at the pace I had set. Which is a good thing and a bad thing. 


I'm looking forward to doing it again in two weeks. Not sure which race I'm going to do though. The Muir Murray Winery race on the 5th or the MEC race at Shubie on the 6th. (As I was writing I thought I'd check the sites for availability. Looks like I'll be running the MEC race. The Winery registration is closed)




So besides the running stuff, I've got to back into healthy eating and some weight loss. 27 lbs to be exact. Plus it makes running easier and better when I'm eating well. So, I've taken all my measurements again and weighed. And I'm ready to get back into the swing of things.

I'll be running Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday. On Monday and Wednesday and maybe Saturday, I'll be either going to the gym for a class, or doing some Wii Active workouts. I've set MFP to lose 2 lbs per week. That allows me 1200 calories a day, plus eating all my exercise calories. We'll see how that goes and I'll adjust if I need to. Times to eat will be 9:00 am, 11:00 am, 1:00 pm, 3:00 pm, 6:00 pm and a little snack at 9:00pm.

Today (Monday) is going to be a yoga workout, I think. To stretch out my muscles and aches and pains from yesterday. I'll have to check to see if there is one at the gym or not.

Anyway, that's my update.

PS: I'm switching all my trackers over to km.

October Stats

Total Distance: 33.5 km
Total Time: 5:38:52
Average Speed: 6 kph
Average Pace: 11:31 min / km

I have a long way to go, to get back to where I was in June and July. But I'll get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...