Friday, October 28, 2011

Rest Day

Phew! I made it to rest day. It's been a good week. It's been a varied week. I really enjoyed this week.

Did I mention this is week 1 of the 31 week half marathon plan? I did have a plan to run the Valley Harvest Marathon Half, but it didn't turn out that way. My plan now is to run the Bluenose Half on May 23rd.  If I could figure out how to post a document to the internet that you could open, I'd post it. But here is week 1.


WEEK 1: 18 KM
Tue 25-Oct Easy Run  Dist: 6 KM @9:39
Thu 27-Oct Tempo Run  Dist: 6 KM, inc Warm; 3 KM @ 8:49; Cool
Sun 30-Oct Long Run  Dist: 6 KM @9:39



My run last night was on the treadmill. It was a little cool, and I didn't know if I should run outside or not. Silly me, I really should have, but anyway. I did .94 miles at 3.5mph as a warm up. Then switched it up to 4.5 mph and ran what was supposed to be 24 minutes. Math really isn't my forte at 4.5 mph. I ended up running 28 minutes. I remember thinking to myself in the last five minutes of running "You've already done 19 minutes (remember I can't add), 5 more minutes and you don't have to run anymore for two whole days".  I went to switch my speed back to 3.5 mph for my cool down and turned the damn treadmill off. *snicker* I'm sure everyone in the whole gym heard me curse. LOL. Anyway, I started a new workout for 15 minutes at 3.5 mph and then I was done.

Oh Boy, was I sore last night. I ached and ached and ached. I've never been that achey from a run before. I'll have to look up some "What to do's" sometime this weekend. I took some advil and went to bed. I do feel better this morning. No aches or pains at all, actually.

So, what am I going to do on rest day? Well, I have to work of course, but then I think I'll just snuggle up on the couch with a blanket, some cross stitch and maybe a couple of drinks and watch the boob tube.

There's no video today, just me rambling.

I hope everyone has a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...