Friday, January 20, 2012

Happy Birthday to you!

It was my son's birthday on Wednesday. We went out to Boston Pizza for supper and then ice cream cake for dessert. Yummy. I of course have no will power and had to have something really really bad for me. The Boston Cheese Steak sandwich.  I was good though and had it with a tossed salad instead of fries. I'm really not much of a fry person anyway, so that's not much of a stretch.


So for the day, I was about 1600 calories over my limit. You read that right. Not only did I eat all my calories that I was allowed, I also ate 1600 more. That's a whole days worth. LOL. 5000 mg of sodium. That's about 5 days worth for me. Man, I downed 2 litres of water like it was air.

I have to say, I felt like crap yesterday. You don't realize how bad crappy food makes you feel until it's a once in a blue moon meal, instead of an everyday meal. My yoga class was almost a disaster. I just couldn't focus. The run last night was a little better.

The weight damage was minimal. .8 lbs. And as of today, it's on it's way back down.

Speaking of running. I'm at 85 km for the month so far. We did an 8k yesterday. Our pace wasn't as good as I had wanted, but it was close. But overall, I'm actually pretty impressed with my improvement these last couple of months. I'm running up hills. And liking it. LMAO. I have a 16k to do on Sunday and it is going to include a beast of a hill. That I plan to conquer. GRRR!!! (Brake Hard Hill, for those that know what I'm talking about). Snow or sun or slippery sidewalks I will be out.


Apple Pie Breakfast

1 Cup Steel Cut Oats
1 Cup Apple Juice
3 diced peeled apples
3 Cups Water
Cinnamon and Nutmeg to taste

Throw it all in the slow cooker on high for 2 to 4 hours (on low for 4 to 6 hours) and enjoy.



It was quite good. You would definitely have to use steel cut oats for this, because even they were mushier than what I am used to. I don't think you could use Quick Oats at all. That would be just mushy grossness.  I also used honey crisp apples. I think I will  use a sweeter apple next time. However the honey crisp did stay firm which was a good contrast to the mushy oats. I didn't add any sweetener to mine so they weren't as sweet as my oatmeal and craisins usually is, but Luc did and he gobbled it up. So a little brown sugar makes it yummy. :) Patrick LOVED it. But this is the same kid that makes a snack out of a tortilla, a bakers chocolate square, peanut butter, frozen cherries and some other stuff.

There. I think I'm done this post.

Have a good weekend everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...