Sunday, January 8, 2012

Hydrating is important

I've done 13k's before and haven't had to drink anything. Not even 5k into today's run and I had almost 16 oz gone. I only brought 16 oz with me. This was going to be bad.

It is 5k from home to the trail head and the trail is 5k out and back. So for me, my planned run was 15k. My 5k time was actually pretty good. 37:40. Chelle and Jamie passed me on my way.
I met Luc at the trail head. He was going to do the 10k.

About 2.5 k into the trail I texted Courtney and asked her to fill up a couple of water bottles and bring them out to the other side of the trail.

She was 100 ft from the other side of the trail and this happened.


She got pulled over during a road check. Apparently her Mommy didn't renew the registration on the car. OOPS. My Bad.

Anyway, we drank water. I ate a chocolate gu gel. They are awesome. What a great chocolate taste. Yum. And we waited patiently for the police officer to write her the ticket and then we headed back the way we came.

I know there was other stuff I wanted to write in this post, but now it's 9:30 pm and I'm tired and I forget.

If I remember, I'll edit.

4 x 7km's this week coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...