Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Time for recuperation

My first pseudo injury. It's not a bad injury, but it's bad enough to sideline me for at least the rest of this week, I think.

During my Sunday run, I was running on snow and hit a couple of ice patches. twisted my back a little. I had a little ache but nothing too serious, or so I thought. We headed out for our run last night and about 1km in, I was done for. I finished the 5k, walking. Slowly. Rest and relax and repair is the name of the game.

I've had back problems for about 20 years or so. WOW! Probably going on 25, now, I guess. No. 22 years. I had to think about it for a minute. So I'm not unfamiliar. On a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being no pain and 10 being the original injury pain, I'm probably at a 7 or 8.

I did get in the 100km for January.

Rest and relax and repair is the name of the game. I think by next Tuesday, I should be back at it. But it sure is going to suck, not being able to eat all those yummy extra calories though.

Interestingly though.

I weigh myself everyday. I know what causes my weight fluctuations. Food. Sodium. Whatever. I gained 1.5 lbs this morning. It's been a long time since I've had that kind of water gain for some reason that I wasn't expecting. The only thing that makes sense is that my body is retaining the water to repair the pain in my back. That's kinda interesting. I'll be watching it to see how that pans out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...