Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The Dreadmill, Dexter and Dinner

So, Dexter and I did 16km on the treadmill on Sunday. Two and a half hours. Holy CRAP!

I hate the dreadmill. Hate it. It's so boring. Even watching TV didn't really help. But I did it. And I hate it less than a winter windchill, so it was my only option. I did cheat a little, if you call it cheating. I kept the incline on 0. And I did manage to keep my pace to plan. I actually could have done a little better. I lowered my speed for a bit and then forgot to increase it again. Anyway. It's done. I could do it again, if I had to.

I will say, I definitely needed that run. I felt FANTASTIC the next day. I didn't realize how I was starting to feel crappy until I felt good. Crappy starts to sneak up on you. One bad meal. One missed workout. You slowly start into the decline of yuck. You're tired. You're dragging your ass. Which leads to more bad meals and more missed workouts.

Week 1 of February down. Only 3 more weeks of winter left and then things start to warm up. I know we haven't had much of a winter this year. We have been really lucky. But February is still cold. It is still the coldest month of the year and it is still really wind chilly.

Lets talk about Dexter for a moment, shall we. I have been listening to people rave about this show. For years. In case there is anyone left out there that doesn't know about the show yet, or didn't click on the link above. Dexter is a cop. But he's also a serial killer. He only kills bad guys though. So, that makes it ok. Well, I suppose once the police catch up to him, it won't be so, ok. I'm only on show 4 now, but it looks like his cop father suspected he was going to turn into a serial killer and coerced him into only killing the dregs of humanity.

Did I think it was awesome and fantastic? Not really. Will I sit down and do a Dexter marathon on some boring Sunday afternoon? Only if I a dreadmill is involved. Will I actually finish watching the series, or will it end up in obscurity? I probably will. Eventually. It did pique my curiosity enough that I'd like to find out what happens to him and his sister. And what the Chief is hiding. 'Cus he is hiding something, isn't he? You don't promote a boob to a homicide detective if you want crimes to be solved. Right?

If you are interested in watching the series, Netflix has seasons 1 - 3.

Now onto Dinner. I've seen a couple of "What I ate Wednesday" posts, but I'm not organized enough to actually take pictures of everything I ate / eat today. But I do like taking pictures of my food (no worries, it's not ABC food. Well it is ABC now, but I didn't take pictures of the ABC part. HAHAHA Kid humour)  and I have taken some pics of some great stuff over the last week, so without further ado, I present my version of What I ate Wednesday.


This is my husbands version of a healthy banana split. I had this for dessert after my 16km run on Sunday. It's 1/2 cup vanilla ice cream, 1 banana, 1/2 cup of sliced strawberries (we buy them frozen by the bagfuls at Costco) 1/2 square of semi sweet bakers chocolate and 1 1/2 squares of a Lindt extra creamy chocolate bar. It worked out to be about 400 calories. It was SOOOO freaking good. I'm drooling for another. But at 400 calories, I'll have to wait until my next long run.

There's a little story about my next picture. I got a Christmas present from my Aunt on Sunday. "Apparently" she wanted to make sure she got my Christmas present to me before I went back to work after my Christmas break. She has Alzheimers. I should be happy that she still remembers who I am. But I can definitely see the progression of the disease in her. It was a nice present. It included Company's Coming Meal Salads.  The recipes look fantastic. And since I love salads, I can't wait to try every single one of them. This is the first one I made. It's a Steak & Sweet Potato Salad. It was also really yummy. I had some more today for lunch.


This is 4 ounces (1/2 cup) of cooked steak, cut in bite size pieces. 1/2 cup cubed cooked sweet potato. 1/2 cup asparagus. 6 grape tomatos cut in half. 3 inches of english cucumber sliced. 1.5 cups of romaine lettuce. 1 tbsp of Blue Menu light Parmesan Cheese and 1 tbsp of Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing. For a total of 330 calories.

Well, I guess that's all I have to say today. That was a long post. I'm glad I got some pictures in there too. I kinda feel like a post is missing something if it doesn't have pictures. Every post should have a picture, right?

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...