Thursday, June 9, 2011

Brake hard hill

Do you know what hill this is. It's the very big hill on Portland street before you get to Cole Harbour. I had to go up it. From minutes 40 to 49. I gave it a try for about 30 seconds. Then walked. I don't feel bad about that in the least.

Lets start at the beginning.

I started out on the route that I took the other night, but instead of heading back at mile 1, I kept going. Around the mile 1 mark you get a smell of these wonderful lilacs.


Around mile 2, I was smelling what I think are these. I'm not sure what they were, but they were very nice. And bright.


Lots of hills on this route. Even besides Brake hard. I hit Mount Edward Road too. Up and down.

I'm not sure if I've mentioned this in my gazilion posts that I've written. OK. Three. I started running in January on the treadmill using the C25K program. I got up to week 4 and then started running outside. Running outside is a completely different animal and the C25K program went straight out the window.

Once I started running outside I had no plan to increase my endurance and nothing concrete to measure against. I did however have a plan of distance and time. I'm using the smartcoach on Runners World .

So, as a remedy to that, I started the C25K program again. I started right from week 1, day 1. Last Sunday I did w1d1, w1d2 and w1d3. Yes, I'm still continuing with the distance portion. After Sunday's run though, I decided that I wouldn't rush through and do a whole week in one run, I'd repeat the same day during each run. Tuesday I did W2d1 and tonight I did w2d2 twice.

Tired of reading yet???

I just have one more thing to add before I head to get my bed lunch.

It's interesting that I have more endurance at the end of my run than at the beginning. I ran a whole 7.5 minutes at the end of the run, but I would seriously die, if I tried to run that at the beginning.

Stats from tonights run

Distance: 4.9 miles
Time: 67:15
Avg Pace: 13:49
I climbed 376 feet.

That's all for tonight. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...