Thursday, June 30, 2011

A Week in Review

I don't think I had a very good week this week. Running wise. Or weight loss wise for that matter.

As far as weight goes, I bloated right up this week. I gained 5lbs. Of water. There's no way in hell I ate 17,000 calories over and above what my body uses. With all this running, I might eat that many in a whole week. Let alone twice that to gain 5lbs. I really feel it though. I feel bloated and gross and icky and swollen. Blech. And tired. And weak. Yea. That just about covers how I'm feeling this week.

The tired and weak and bloated feeling carried over into the running this week too. It was a really warm day on Sunday for my long run. I figured I would wait until late afternoon before I started, but I should have waited probably another hour. 7 miles. It exhausted me. I walked most of the last half.

Monday I did an easy 3 miler. Nope. Not so easy. A lot of walking during that one too. I just couldn't get into a groove. And it felt like I couldn't get any oxygen. The humidity was weighing heavily on me, I guess.

I took a rest on Tuesday. I didn't even go to the gym.

Last night, I went out for another easy 3 miler. I did feel a little better. Not great, but better. But then I got a cramp in my butt. Why yes, yes I did. A cramp in my butt so bad, I didn't think I was going to make it home. I thought I was going to end up in the bushes puking. I could have cried right then and there. That was awful.

Tonight I'm supposed to do my 5 mile tempo run. As of this writing, I'm going to say screw it. I am debating going to the gym at lunch for a treadmill run. I just had such a crappy running week, that I don't want to make it worse by forcing myself to have another horrible run. KWIM. This is supposed to be fun.

This is a picture I took on my Sunday long run. It's a house that is set down and back from the road. If you are driving you can't see the back yard. The landscaping is incredible. Beautiful. Very serene, considering the road is 20 feet away.



Sunday Stats
Distance: 6.91
Time: 1:48:51
Avg Pace: 15:46
Avg Speed: 3.8

Monday Stats
Distance: 3.50
Time: 46:11
Avg Pace: 13:11
Avg Speed: 4:55

Wednesday Stats
Distance: 3.49
Time: 48:24
Avg Pace: 13:53
Avg Speed: 4.32

June Stats

This week: 13.90
This month: 67.98

All in all. That's a pretty impressive number. For me. There's a little incentive to hit the gym. Get in that three miles and bring my month end to over 70 miles run.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...