Sunday, June 12, 2011

Do you know the muffin man

I ran the Lunenburg World Heritage 5k road race today. What a great race. Lunenburg was a fantastic host. The spectators were awesome. The course marshalls were fantastic. Other than the hill at the one mile mark the course was pretty flat. I think the total climb was 285 feet.

I didn't stay for much of the festivities afterwards, but there was notices that the fisheries museum had free admission today and I'm sorry, I can't remember what the other place was called, but it was an old school building that is over 100 years old? They were having some activities as well. Kids bouncy things, cake walks, etc. Lots to do in Lunenburg today for the race. It would make a great family day trip, if your family is so inclined.


This was the Atlantic Chip truck at the start / finish line.


This was the view to our right at about the 2 mile mark





And the muffin run. Lots of goodies for the runners. I had some sort of poppy seed bread. It was so yummy. It had some other seeds in it too. Orange colored. About the same size as the poppy seeds. I'd love to know what they were. YUMM.



Thanks Lunenburg.

Unofficial Race Stats

Distance: 3.12 miles / 5k
Time: 39:48
Avg Pace: 12:43 min/mile / 7:53 min / km
I climbed 245 feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...