Monday, June 20, 2011

C25K Week 3


Well, that was better. I did the week 3 day 3 twice tonight. (minus the two middle 5 minute walks). I was able to do every run except for the second last 90 second run that was uphill. (I really have to do some hill work). Anyway, it was an unscheduled 5k, and I'm happy that I can see solid improvement in the week 3. I will do a week 3 again tomorrow night (scheduled 5k), a rest day on Wednesday and I'll move to week for for my 5 mile run on Thursday.

Stats

Distance: 3.49 miles
Time: 49:48
Avg Pace: 14:16
Avg Speed: 4:20

Last night was my long run. 7 miles. WOW! That was painful. I thought for sure my legs and hips were going to hurt today. But they didn't.

I actually listened to some music on this run, which isn't usually the case. But I downloaded from itunes a 105 song running album. It really has some great songs on it. They aren't original artists, but they are very similar.

I thought I could drown out my thoughts with
some music. No such luck. That's the down side of running. Being in your own head. It's great most of the time, but when you don't want to think, running is probably not the activity to do. Hopefully I get out of this funk soon. It sucks.

Anyway, here's my picture. Not a OOOH Isn't that awesome picture. This is a view through Portland Hills. I can't get over how much this has grown up in the last decade or so. 10 years ago, this was all woods.

Stats

Distance: 6.98 miles
Time: 1:45:18
Avg Speed: 3.98
Avg Pace: 15:06

June Stats

Distance This Week: 10.47 miles
Distance This Month: 46.10




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...