Wednesday, June 1, 2011

National Running Day

June 1st is National Running Day. So what better day than today to start a blog about my running.

http://www.runningday.org/site/


5 facts about me and running

1. I started running in January on the treadmill to lose weight
2. I ran my first 5k race May 22, 2011, in the Bluenose Marathon events.
3. I am currently training for the half marathon, that I plan to run October 9, 2011
4. I have lost about 30 lbs from eating properly and running.
5. I also joined Goodlife Fitness to work on my upper body strength
6. I have learned not to overtrain. :) Well, I don't know if I've learned the lesson, but I definitely know the lesson needs to be learned.
7. Gu Gel's are kinda interesting. Kinda yucky going down, but it's a pretty cool kick for the energy level.
8. Running is definitely a numbers game. What is my pace? What time do I have to beat? If my pace is this for this mile, what does it have to be for the next mile? I like numbers.
9. I purchased a Garmin 305 after borrowing one from a friend. I love love love it.
10. The Couch to 5k program is awesome for anyone that wants to try and run.


and 11 for good measure


11. Running on a treadmill is NOTHING like running on the road.



A picture for good measure. This is a pic of the kids and I at the starting line for the Bluenose 5K race.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...