Friday, June 17, 2011

What am I listening to

I don't really like listening to music when I'm running. I've tried, but it actually gets on my nerves. Someone screaming in my ear or singing at a pace I'm not running at. Very distracting.

I like listening to podcasts or audiobooks.

I thought I'd list my podcasts. These are running and health podcasts. I can't imagine anyone would be interested in what I listen to for knitting and photography. :p



First run at the campground.

I did my first run at the campground today. It was a little more than 2 miles. I've been sorta trying to avoid running at the campground because it's all hills. ALL HILL. The one place that is relatively flat, and you have to go up and down a hill to get there, is a dirt road, and I'm worried about the wildlife sneaking up on me. (read: coyotes). Not that there have been sightings or that anyone else in the area is worried about it. I'm a city girl in the woods and have been molded by what I see on TV.

I couldn't avoid it anymore. The plan said to run 2 miles on Friday, so I had to run 2 miles today. I decided I'd run to the falls. It's 1km on the road and then probably another 1/2 km into the falls. On a dirt road. Don't ask my why I wasn't worried about the wildlife (read: coyotes) on this road.

This is Indian Falls. This is what I got to see at the half way point. Great swimming and fishing here.



Overall, it was just an ok run. The hills were yucky. I did C25K W3D1 again. I'm still having trouble with the 3 minute run. But that could be because I still have a little chest congestion. Whatever the reason, I'm not moving on til I get the 3 minute down comfortably.

Today's Run

Distance: 2.76 miles
Time: 41:38
Avg Pace: 15:06
Avg Speed 3.97

June Stats

Distance this week: 17.19 miles 27.5 km
Distance this month: 35.63 miles 57 km


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...