Thursday, June 9, 2011

Don't take it personally

This isn't really running related, but I wanted to post it for posterity.

I was reading a post by Scott Bourne. (He's a photographer. Photography is another one of those hobbies that I drive my friends and family crazy with.) He was quoting another blogger. Seth Godin. Know him?

Anyway, the quote is...





“When someone moves on, when she walks away or even badmouths you or your work, it’s not personal about you. It’s personal about her. Her agenda, her decisions,
her story.“


I was going to paste it as my facebook status, but decided against stirring up a huge, huge hornets nest. So, I'll post it here instead.

You can't take this stuff personally. The reason for bad mouthing is solely to make themselves feel or look better. To justify their own decisions. Or to promote their own agenda.

That is all.

Going for my run soon. I'm really looking forward to it. I'm taking a new route. I'll post about it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...